If you have already booked a trekking package and wondering about essential equipment for your trekking holidays, then please have a look to our given checklist for your references. You can make amendments to our trekking checklist as per your need and comfort. All the equipment listed in our trekking checklist can be easily purchased in the shops at Thamel, Kathmandu.
Note: Please remember to keep your baggage as light as possible for a convenient travel. One porter is available for two trekkers, who will carry maximum 25 kg, therefore keep this in your mind before you pack your luggage.
Checklists of trekking equipment are as follows:
Down Jacket: Himalayan Excursion Nepal provide complimentary down jacket which need to be return after trip completion.
Sleeping bag: Your own sleeping bag is strongly recommended, but our company also provides complimentary sleeping bags which need to be return after trek completion.
Rucksack or Duffel bag: Himalayan Excursion Nepal provides complimentary wind proof and water proof duffel bag. You can leave your suitcase at the hotel in Kathmandu or office.
- Sun hat or Baseball cap
- Warm hat or light balaclava
- UV protection sunglasses
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece wind cheater jacket
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof shell pants
- Light and expedition thermal bottoms
- Under Garments
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves
- Gaiters for trekking in winter
- Waterproof Hiking boots with spare laces
- Thick and warm woolen hiking socks
- Camp shoes (sneakers or sandals)
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Water Bottle – To make safe yourself from altitude sickness, you have to drink plenty of water which keeps you well hydrated.
- Sleeping Bag – At evening temperature get very low, Lodge provide blanket but it may not be enough. We suggest carrying a sleeping bag for cozy sleep.
- Trekking Poles – one pair of trekking poles which makes your trekking comfort and easy.
- Water Purification – tablets, pump or steripen Aqua
- Camera – portable camera with extra batteries.
- Head lamp – One light head lamp with extra batteries.
- Suns cream
- Hand sanitizer
- Face/body wipes
- Biodegradable washing liquid
- Lip balm
- Throat lozenges
- Small towel
- Toothbrush/tooth paste
- Toilet papers,
- Nail cutter
- Small mirror
- Multipurpose soap
- Journal and pen
- Reading book
- Pencil & notebook
- Route map/Guide book